Application Guidelines 2016 – 2017
The following guidelines, consisting of regulations and conditions prepared by the RESS Thesis / EDP / Capstone Grant Committee must be satisfied by the applicant. The point of contact of the committee is the Vice President Finance of RESS.
The objective of the committee is to ensure the proper regulation of the distribution of the Grant Funds to fourth year Engineering students.
- All applications and subsequent thesis projects should contain a high level of professionalism and should follow the spirit of the Thesis guidelines outlined by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
- Projects must be an extension of the curriculum of the applicant’s department. Of major consideration in the process will be the quality of the final product.
- The applicant must have CLEAR academic standing.
- The required document includes:
- A copy of Ryerson student transcript, indicating the CGPA. An unofficial RAMSS printout is acceptable.
- A detailed account of expenses that were incurred during the thesis / EDP / capstone project.
- A summary of the thesis (1 page) signed by the Faculty Advisor to be evaluated and stored in our archive.
- Administrative costs such as binding, photocopying, printing, etc. will be covered to a maximum of $50.00 per grant.
- Any transportation costs related to the project will be covered to a maximum of $50.00 per grant.
- Any items which would be of future personal benefit (e.g. software, calculators, etc.) are NOT covered by this grant.
- The amount of grant will be decided by the current committee and will be based on the number of applications, the grant amounts requested, the available funding, and the academic and professional criteria set by the committee.
- A grant may or may not over the entire amount requested and will be subject to the discretion of the committee.
The deadline for the applications is (EXTENDED) April 14th, 2017.
Please direct all questions or concerns to [email protected].
If you cannot see the form below, you may go here: https://ress.formstack.com/forms/thesis_grants