The RESS Thesis / EDP / Capstone Grant Committee annually reviews and publishes the guidelines to apply for a grant. The objective of the committee is to ensure oversight and proper distribution of the grant funds to fourth year Engineering students.
Projects must be an extension of the curriculum of the applicant’s department. Of major consideration in the process will be the quality of the final product.
The applicant must have CLEAR academic standing and have applied to graduate.
For any questions, please contact the Vice President Finance
+ Required Documents
- A copy of Ryerson student transcript, indicating the CGPA. An unofficial RAMSS printout is acceptable.
- A detailed account of expenses that were incurred during the thesis / EDP / capstone project.
- A summary of the thesis (1 page) signed by the Faculty Advisor to be evaluated and stored in our archive.
+ Grant Caps
- Administrative costs such as binding, photocopying, printing, etc. will be covered to a maximum of $50.00 per grant.
- Any transportation costs related to the project will be covered to a maximum of $50.00 per grant.
- Any items which would be of future personal benefit (e.g. software, calculators, etc.) are NOT covered by this grant.
- The amount of grant will be decided by the current committee and will be based on the number of applications, the grant amounts requested, the available funding, and the academic and professional criteria set by the committee. A grant may or may not over the entire amount requested and will be subject to the discretion of the committee.
- On average, RESS is able to cover between 50-60% of eligible expenses.
+ Important Dates
- Thesis grant applications will be made available in March of the academic year.
- The submission deadline is the second Sunday of April.
- Thesis Grant approvals will be announced by August following the application.
- Thesis Grant cheques will be mailed to applicants during the first week of October following the application.
We are currently not yet accepting Thesis Grant applications for this academic year. Please check back in March.